Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have the laptop with the problem. 

All I can find so far is it could be that the 'HDMI connections connect to the CPU that runs to the integrated Graphics Card (GPU) instead of running directly to the Dedicated GPU'

But don't know how to find out if that is the case with this laptop.

Seem to be lots of different things to try and I'm going through them , but wondered if you had any luck?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I did not get the 15-ce003na to work, there was a hardware incompatibility, something to do with the way electronics links the 1060 internal card with the HDMI interface, no one could explain it to me either from HP or Oculus. I ended up buying a DELL alienware.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @siami

Looks like a Mod moved your post. I dont know why.

Anyways...

I have heard others report that using the HDMI port on a VR headset wasnt working on the OMEN.

But using a Mini DP to HDMI adapter works.

Pehaps you could try that. Let me know how it turns out.

minidisplay to hdmi.jpg

HP Recommended

I did not get the 15-ce003na to work, there was a hardware incompatibility, something to do with the way electronics links the 1060 internal card with the HDMI interface, no one could explain it to me either from HP or Oculus. I ended up buying a DELL alienware.

HP Recommended

I did the same thing. Returning Omen and ordered Alienware.

Apparently the HDMI connections connect to the CPU that runs to the integrated Graphics Card (GPU) instead of running directly to the Dedicated GPU.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.