Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
2GE00PA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I just want to know that, I need to change my HDD and SSD

Right Now I have

HDD-HTS721010A9E630

SSD-LITEON CA1-8D128-HP

and I want to Change to

SSD 860 EVO 2.5" SATA III 2TB

SSD 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB

If I change it, There will be no Problem with Support, (System Support, BIOS Support, Interface Support, Size Support)

Can I Upgrade HDD to SSD SATA III

Can I Upgrade NVMe M.2 22110 to NVMe M.2 2280

Please Help

Thanks & Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello again @fotss2006   🙂

This is regarding that failing hard drive you asked about earlier, right?

Yes, you can upgrade both drives you mentioned. There is NO capacity limit on the hard drives.

You can use the Sata III 2TB SSD drive for the HDD thats failing - and - the 512GB NVMe M.2 for the current one if you wish to have a bigger drive for the OS.

You can use pretty much any brand drives. Its NOT critical like replacing ram is. Crucial brand is good to use, but you can also use other brands as well. Samsung is great of course, but also pricey.

I would also look at whats out there for your area and compare the cost value.

For the M.2 drive, Sabrent (for example) makes a good value for the money and performance also and a 5 year warranty.

If you have a particular brand you want to ask about, go ahead and let me know its model #.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello again @fotss2006   🙂

This is regarding that failing hard drive you asked about earlier, right?

Yes, you can upgrade both drives you mentioned. There is NO capacity limit on the hard drives.

You can use the Sata III 2TB SSD drive for the HDD thats failing - and - the 512GB NVMe M.2 for the current one if you wish to have a bigger drive for the OS.

You can use pretty much any brand drives. Its NOT critical like replacing ram is. Crucial brand is good to use, but you can also use other brands as well. Samsung is great of course, but also pricey.

I would also look at whats out there for your area and compare the cost value.

For the M.2 drive, Sabrent (for example) makes a good value for the money and performance also and a 5 year warranty.

If you have a particular brand you want to ask about, go ahead and let me know its model #.

HP Recommended

Thanks A Lot,

Sure, I will update you

Best Regards

HP Recommended

Hello,

I got 2TB SSD Samsung EVO,

I am facing one Problem, When my HDD was Failure Detected, so that time I backed Up My All Data,

also I Backed UP my RECOVERY Partition in External Hard Drive (It was just Copy Past),

after that I Deleted & formatted my HDD Partition and Re Make it (It didn't work)

so that I purchase new SSD and make partition and in One Partition i just Copy Paste my RECOVERY DATA from my External Hard Drive (Which is was Backed up before Formatting HDD),

after that i was planned to Remove Windows 10 and Re Install New and Fresh Window form my Back up or RECOVERY Partition, I just Re Start System then Press F11 to Reboot HP Recovery Manager, Click Troubleshoot then Click Recovery Manager after that comes 4 Option, The First Option (System Recovery) was Disable Or Grey,

Can You Please Solve My Issue, How can I Re Install my Window From my Recovery Partition,

Thanks & Regards

HP Recommended

Ya copy/pasting the recovery partition doesn't work like that. The connection to the OS is broken now.

To properly get that working, you needed to have made your HP USB Recovery Media "before" the failure.

You could use the download version of your HP recovery media, but it requires a 32GB USB drive and is not ideal.

But not to worry, you really don't need it now days. In fact, HP doesn't include it anymore on new systems drives.

Everyone now just uses the ISO version direct from Microsoft, no recovery partition needed (requires an 8GB USB pen drive if you haven't done so yet) ( you can use a different Windows 10 PC to create your installer).

You can even download the current ISO file and save it to your external HDD and keep it as a backup also.

Create media Windows 10

Since you have an external HDD handy, you could also get Windows working on the new SSD, then create an Image Backup of the SSD. Its a file that can be reinstalled to the SSD again if it ever became corrupted. You would create this after you install all your programs and games. The backup image will include reinstalling all those games and such.

Tools like AOMEI Backupper and Macrium are what is used for that. It requires a small USB drive as the host installer if the time ever came.

And just a TIP: When you install the new SSD and install Windows from the MS ISO, disconnect all the other drives you have connected like the Sata HDD first. Then reconnect them after the installation. Makes everything MUCH easier.

HP Recommended

Thanks Dear, Its really Helpful to me,

Thanks A Lot

Best Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.