Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! I've recently bought the HP Omen 15, the 2018 edition with a GTX 1060 6GB and i7. 

1. Whenever I play games( any games) the GPU temp stays between 80-90 degrees. However, the CPU temperature raises up to 97 degrees while the CPU usage is only around 40-50%.  These high temps are clearly unhealthy for the CPU and for the computer in general. Am I wrong? 

And I would like to know the average temp of CPU and GPU on regular use, so that I can check my laptop.

I remind you, the CPU usage is only at 45% with occasional ups to 50%.

2. And the black light bleed on screen(144Hz) around the edges which is really annoying while watching movies and editing photos.

Is there a possible fix or I have to return the laptop to store?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @VvR89 

Back light bleed will be different on every system you get. Each panel will be different.

There is no fix, you would have to exchange the laptop or replace the screen.

HP Recommended

Hi Photoray

Thank you for your reply.

What about CPU temperature, is it normal on these laptops?

HP Recommended

They have been hitting those temps, but I dont like the CPU to run 97 degrees no. You would have to look into possible repasting, or running a program like XTU to undervolt it.

But since you have issues with excessive light bleed, it wont matter since you are considering returning it.

HP Recommended

Great info, Photoray002. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi Photoray002

Thanks for your help, as you said I gave the laptop for service and mentioned both problems about the screen and cpu temp. From the shop they send it to the hp service center and it almost took 2 weeks for repair. 

When I got the laptop back its mentioned on delivery note ( Repair Action)  as "Replaced motherboard, Windows installed and updated BIOS"

But not a word about the light bleed..  Its is in mentioned in customer reported problem as black bleed from bottom and side panel. Did they check it ? Im not sure because the problem still exits...

Then I switch on the laptop and I checked if the windows are updated, then found the settings was set as No automatic update for 7 days ( something like that, I really dont know how to make sure that they did what they said after seeing the screen with the same problem as before).

Then I came back to the home screen and right clicked on mouse pad to refresh..( you know old habits) it does not work at all.. the blue circle comes and thats it.. ONLY THE RIGHT CLICK DOESN'T WORK FOR NOW.

So I updated windows thinking it may be the problem..but its the same..is there a simple solution for that...?

I really needed the laptop for this week and will send it  by next week for the screen ..Is it normal on HP OMEN ?? its like the screen is getting light from 4 or 5 leds from the bottom pannel. Its annoying...

HP Recommended

Most likely they did replace the motherboard. Are you able to test the temps while gaming, just to see how the temps are now? I realize the touch pad isn't right clicking but a mouse should be fine to test a game with.

The touch pad might not be connected well when they replaced the board, or the cable is damaged. I cant really say since I cannot open it to look.

The light bleed apparently was not addressed. They may or may not decide to replace it.

All I can do is ask the mods to see if they can have someone contact you and then let them know about whats going on.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.