Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN - 15-ce054nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey smart people from the internet,

Im trying to find a RAM upgrade for my pc. Cause its bottle necking my perfomance.

What RAM do i need to upgrade the existing one.

I have two Samsung 8gb 2400mhz RAM.

And i would like to go to 2x 16gb RAM.

Thanks for reading and please ask questions im avaible almost 24/7

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

When ever I see someone saying OK smart people on the internet, fix my issue, it just brings up a red flag. But none the less, I'll bite. 😬

In what way is your performance bottlenecked? In other words, what are you doing exactly to bottleneck it? Multi-tasks, gaming (what game?), other? Detailed answers help us understand better.

Also, that system will only allow up to 16GB (2x8GB) of ram and at up to 2666MHz speed. There is no way to adjust the speed as the bios is locked.

Your manual... http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06002077

HP Recommended

Hey, Thanks for the response,

Sorry for the smart people of the internet. Firts post and just trying to be nice.

Im playing gtaV and have a tab open on chrome. Most of the time a yt vid to look at an easteregg or secret.

But chrome says not enough memory. 

So, that is why I want to have a ram upgrade so ik can multitask while playing games.

HP Recommended

OK then. Since I'm not there to see everything going on, I'll offer a suggestion/opinion although I am not a expert on testing methodology.

GTA-V shouldn't take that much ram to run, especially if you're only playing on a 1080p monitor. Even if its 120Hz with Chrome open.  Chrome browser (one tab) wont usually take over a fourth of a gig. So I'm thinking its not a Ram issue since you already have 16GB.

But have you looked in the Task Manager to see how much Ram is being used with both open?

You might have something else running also that's taking up resources and maybe not Ram, but CPU?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.