Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15-dc0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My battery has stopped working properly and is swollen.

I bought a new battery and changed it. I followed closely the models, the battery fits exactly.

After installation, the battery does not charge, and the laptop is running on mains.

I tried to restore the factory settings of the BIOS, updated the BIOS, looked at other tips on the Internet and still nothing helped.

So I want to get some advice here. Tell me what else can I try?

New battery is on the top of photo.

IMG_20210202_103005.jpgБезымянный.png

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello @Michael1986 

I cannot see your images yet as they wont show on the webpage for a day as per the Servers security policy.

But if you installed a new 3rd party battery, the only thing I can think of is that its probably a bad one. That's been known to happen before. Your charger obviously works as it powers the laptop fine for usage.

I doubt a circuit is bad after the first one expanded. That expansion is a common result for those type of batteries if they go bad after usage. If its not charging at all, even when the laptop is off, my first thought is bad battery. Second would be circuitry. I assume you are out of warranty.

HP Recommended

Hello!

Thank you for quick answer.

1. I uploaded two images here: https://michaelchistyakov.com/hp/1.jpg and https://michaelchistyakov.com/hp/2.jpg (it is safe links I swear)

Please take a look over batteries -- they are marked the same and in the store's page there was my laptop model name, so I'm not sure that battery is bad and so on.

2. Speaking about circuitry -- I can not imagine how could I break something because the only thing I've done was accurate replacing of battery.

How do you think -- can it be some kind of driver / system issue?

HP Recommended

1. I uploaded two images here:

Yes you have the same battery type replacement model.

2. Speaking about circuitry -- I can not imagine how could I break something because the only thing I've done was accurate replacing of battery.

Didnt say you broke it, I'm saying the circuitry "might" have failed in another way. I'm leaning towards bad batteries.

3. How do you think -- can it be some kind of driver / system issue?

How can it be driver related if as you pointed out, it wont charge even when the laptop is off as I eluded to earlier? At least you didn't say it wasn't, correct?   Unless it will?  Otherwise that leans towards a hardware issue. 

HP Recommended

Hm. I'll try to charge it with turned off laptop for an hour, lets see what will happen.

HP Recommended

Hey I forgot to mention but when you have it apart again, you need to clean the fans and heat fins out. By the looks of the fan blades, theys getting dirty. Its better to do it while apart so you can get the dirt out easier. In fact if you can open the fan shrouds and do a deep cleaning, it will be so much better. 

Just a thought. 🙂

HP Recommended

Sure man!

I've cleaned them.

So.. Nothing changed after I tried to charge it when it is off. =\

HP Recommended

OK then, its not a driver issue. It is a hardware failure as I pointed out earlier.

That new battery would be the first thing I would consider, charger next, or internal on the motherboard.

Sorry I cant help more.

HP Recommended

Anyway thank you very much.

I noticed that a white light on the case next to the charging wire, on the right, flashes periodically. Do you know what does it mean?

HP Recommended

probably a beep code indicating a power error.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.