Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This has been happening for a while now. I heavily use my "x" key. My "x" key is incredibly inconsistent, not even responding at times. Had to press it really hard in order to make it work and even then, sometimes it just doesn't work. It's been getting worse day by day. Should I replace the key, and if yes, how do I take off the keycap. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I have this exact issue - removing the keycap did nothing to change it,  it is like nothing is broken but it almost just ignores it for a while.  Did you find a solution?

HP Recommended

didn't find the solution but I'm pretty sure the problem is the rubber dome on the under the key. Now I'm trying to find a replacement.

HP Recommended

Ah ok, well I ended up having to use Sharp keys (app) to remap my windows key to be x as x itself has completely given up.  It seems to be a hardware issue with this laptop line.   So I would recommend just taking the hit and remapping it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.