Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-c0000 (343L4AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello,

I have black artifacts in the applications that use the GPU (AMD RX6600m). [Content Removed]

I have the latest BIOS for HP OMEN 16", and tried the latest drivers.

The GPU is AMD RX6600m and the CPU is AMD Ryzen 7 5800h.

KonstOmen_0-1648742363010.png

KonstOmen_0-1648744336831.png

So, my question is all of us having the same issue with this laptop,

Is there any solution that can quickly fix it?

p.s. running the game in the background does prevent it from having black artifacts and squares. Like, it is not switching GPU to a sleep mode.

UPDATE: Tech support doesn't care (might be BIOS issues). I have a temporary solution in my post here: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Desktops/HP-OMEN-16-Black-artifacts/m-p/8380781/highlight/true#... 

[Content Removed]

71 REPLIES 71
HP Recommended

@KonstOmen,

This AMD User thread ("Blender and Games crashes RX6600M (squares artifacts)") contains helpful information regarding your issue you really should carefully read through: Blender and Games crashes RX6600M (squares artifac... - AMD Community.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Turning off the internal GPU doesn't make it better. Turning only internal GPU doesn't make a lot of sense. I am pretty sure this has to be fixed by HP with some BIOS update. And the only thing I haven't tried is downgrading my BIOS, but that option has been disabled by HP.

HP Recommended

Hi@KonstOmen,

Welcome to the HP Support Community! I'd like to help!

I see you are experiencing issues with the HP Omen Laptop have black artifacts in the applications that use the GPU.

I sincerely apologize for the experience that you had with our customer service team. Going forward, we are going to take steps to ensure that this situation does not happen again. 

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hello @Dilip_18,

The issue is not resolved and I do have problems with my HP Omen 16.1 (Windows 11, AMD RX6600m & AMD Ryzen 7 5800h). As an experiment I would like to downgrade my BIOS to the oldest one, because I have no ideas of what to do know. Besides that, I see people having same issues. Is HP company going to fix that problem or do we have to return back all of the laptops?

HP Recommended

Hi@KonstOmen,

Thank you for responding, I appreciate your time and effort.

It seems like an issue with the graphics card or it's drivers, if there are no new updates available, please use the below steps to reinstall the graphics card drivers from the device manager:

Step 1: Use Windows + X and select device manager.

Step 2: look for display adapters, and right click on the available display adapters, then select uninstall, when done, restart the computer.

Step 3: Update the graphics driver for your specific computer model.

For more information on updating drivers, please see HP support document Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers .

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS - Skip to Step 5: Adjust visual effects in Windows

Also I have brought this issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

@Dilip_18 wrote:

Hi@KonstOmen,

It seems like an issue with the graphics card or it's drivers, if there are no new updates available, please use the below steps to reinstall the graphics card drivers from the device manager:

Step 1: Use Windows + X and select device manager.

Step 2: look for display adapters, and right click on the available display adapters, then select uninstall, when done, restart the computer.

Step 3: Update the graphics driver for your specific computer model.

For more information on updating drivers, please see HP support document Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers .

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS - Skip to Step 5: Adjust visual effects in Windows

Also I have brought this issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

Have a great day!

I've been trying these steps for almost 4 days and with no result.

AMD Radeon Rx 6600m / AMD Radon(TM) Graphics

Current version is: 30.0.15019.1005

Date: 22.03.2022

Step number 5 gives no effect just the visual changes. Also I have the most powerful profile in powercfg. And I have the second monitor (which is also HP 22w) and the monitor is connected with via HDMI. (tried with and without 2nd screen no luck)

HP Recommended

Hi@KonstOmen,

I have brought this issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. We will get back with the fix asap. 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Any update on this thread?!

HP Recommended

Hi@KonstOmen,

Check for Windows and HP support assistant updates are up to date. 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.