Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi 

I bought a HP OMEN 17inch laptop about 2months ago from Amazon and i have no idea why but the battery is dead already.it has been randomly switching off throughout the day when the charger is not in and now it wont switch on without being connected to the charger itself,when it is connected the battery icon continuously shows "92% not charging".i tried to run a HP diagnostics from the desktop but kept getting a "failed"message,so i ran one from startup and it says that the battery is "weak"...how has this happened after 2months with very little use (a few hours a day)absolutely ridiculous

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Thejohnsofdoes,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I recommend you update the BIOS from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi thanks for the reply,but unfortunately this didn't solve anything.i am fairly certain the battery itself is dead as it is not charging at all.if i accidentally nudge or remove the charger the laptop switches off immediately and wont switch back on until the charger is plugged in again.i did another battery check after i applied the BIOS update you provided and it still says the same thing "Failed,Weak 30"

HP Recommended

@Thejohnsofdoes,

I recommend you contact support to check the available service options for your computer.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.