Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 17-an014na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

I bought HP Omen 17-an014na, sadly it has just 8gb of RAM. Could you please help me to find what memory stick i need to buy to upgrade it to 16gb?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @dasBOT

You can add another 8GB stick of ram. The system will take up to 32 GB total.

You need to match the timings and density of the existing stick to ensure compatibility.

The official part number is 8 GB 2400 MHz 1.2 v DDR4 shared  #862398-850

NOTE: I tried to post a link to the manual to show how to access the memory, but that part of the website is down at the moment. Sorry   😞

HP Recommended

Thank you

Looks like i have to open it to check label on memory stick for manufacturer and exact model number.

Thank you anyway

HP Recommended

You missed my point completely. You can download a tool like Speccy and use it to identify the timings. No need to open the chassis to read the label.  Its not my first time doing this... :Wink:

https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy/download

HP Recommended

I do understand but i want to match memory sticks exactly, not just by specs but by maker and model as well to avoid any issues.  ok, I can find specs in CPU-Z, cool.

Thx

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.