Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN - 17-w104ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought an HP Omen laptop the summer of 2018 as a gamer who also needed a portable laptop for my college needs. Freshman year was great with balancing the need of portability for my classes and for gaming; however, the start of my 2019-2020 sophomore year started the opposite. In about a year, the battery degraded to a point where the laptop would not remain on for more than 30 mins unplugged. One side cover next to the the laptop hinge started to pop our of its place and very recently the entire other cover got extremely displaced and will not go back to its original position. Now every time  I open the laptop, there are creaking noises and I am afraid it might be the last time. I ordered a new battery to hopefully fix the charge issues but the overall design flaws near the hinge are almost unbelievable. Unfortunately, I did not purchase a warranty because reviews saying the laptop lasted them several years. I am getting pretty fed up and am honestly considering switching from HP but don’t really have to money to do so. I understand that a gaming laptop must be handled with care, so I have a proper backpack that fits the laptop comfortably. I’m really hoping I can somehow get these issues fixed rather than having to find an entirely new laptop since I barely had the money for this one.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @azatar3

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I got a private message but I am not sure if the account is an identified HP contact

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.