Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am still having issues with the omen control software not working. I have installed the latest drivers for everything, I have downloaded HP System Event Utility software and done what other people have recommended, but nothing has worked. I am really stuck for what to do! So please could someone give me a solution to fix this problem. Thanks 🙂

HP Recommended

HP Omen Controls are now working. Download the latest HP Support Assistant: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/pl...

Then click "Check for Updates and Messages" once it is installed. Install the update called "HP System Event Utility" and it fixes the keyboard issues that everyone has been having.

HP Recommended

can i ask how can i know if the speed of my fan is at maximum , medium  or low setting?

HP Recommended

Hello Guys,

I beleive i have a fix for this issue.

The steps i followed were 

1. Un-install the omen control on remove program for windows 10 control panel.

2. Restart the OMEN

3. Start hp recovery and scroll down to find omen control.

4. tick it and click on install.

5. After reboot the software works.

This installs the previous version of omen control which works fin on win 10.

Note  : I worked on my laptop there's no guarantee it will work everywhere.

Anyone who tries this Lemme know if this works. 

Long Live the OMEN :HalfEyes:

HP Recommended

Finally I got the fans working again but for some reason my toggle shortscuts (FN+F and FN+T ) are not working so I have to bump up the fans manually by opening omen control everytime. And when I restart my omen, the option I have ticked to disable the trackpad when mouse is present resets itself. Anyone else having similar issues?

HP Recommended

Is it just me? Nobody else seems to have commented so perhaps it is. The six progammable keys (they are on the far left) do not work at all. The HP has fixed the lighting problem with the Omen Control, and also the fans.  But the 6 gaming keys on the left are DEAD.    Unless it's just me? Any feedback much appreciated.

HP Recommended

Macro keys are working here.

HP Recommended
Same for me, macro keys, profile switching, shortcuts and manual settings all working for me.
What version bios are you at? I am on F.26 rev.A.
HP Recommended

@pnj

Macro keys are functioning for me as well.

I did revert back to the original version of Omen Control while looking into recovery options.

Not sure if I should mark this thread as "solved". It looks like folks are still having some compatibility issues and it seems like there hasn't been a refresh of the OC software for Windows 10 yet, even though a bunch of other drivers and applications have been updated.

HP Recommended

@pnj

I also have no functionality with the 6 programmable keys. They just repeat the same characters as the key to the right (ex. P1=ESC    P2=`  P3=TAB   ...etc). Tried all the steps here and unfortunatilly I still have the same problem.

15-5020nr

I contacted HP's tech support and ran through basic troubleshooting with drivers. They have escalated my case to an "Escalations Manager" who gave me the number for tech support . They are calling me sometime today, so I will report back here if they are able to fix it.

[ UPDATE ]

I worked with the tech support in India. They were not as helpful as I would have liked... but what else is new? After speaking with two of their techs I was not able to get the problem fixed. They wanted me to downgrade to windows 8.1 and then re-upgrade (no thank you).

However, I did get the programmable keys working again.

I ended up uninstalling the omen control center and then reboot the computer. Then I downloaded the Omen control Center software for 8.1 from the hp Software and Drivers page ( http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp70501-71000/sp70894.exe ). This is an updated version of the Omen control center with a few new features [macros]. Much more funcional than before.

*** Don't try to install the one that is already on the computer. Download a fresh copy.

Hope that helps. I would be happy to troubleshoot this with anyone who is still encountering this issue. Dont waste your time with HP's tech support

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.