Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

to Mr. GP. Hey your fix worked perfectly. Thanks so much. I downloaded the Omen Control version you provided with your link, and then just set it to override what was there before. Then, after restarting the machine, the 6 macro keys came alive. Noting I had done before had any effect, so your fix was really valuable. Have kept a copy of it on a disk so not to lose it. Rgds.

HP Recommended

I was having the same issues as others after upgrading to Windows 10--lights and fans wouldn't change. Managed to fix that by updating the System Utility, but then lost the P keys. _gp's suggestion (last post on the previous page) worked for me, though. (Thanks!)

But I've run into a new problem. I have a few of my F keys set up to alternates (like -/+ volume instead of f9/f10) but after sleep or a reboot, I have to go back in and click on one for those keys to make them function right again. Just curious if anyone else is running into the same problem.

HP Recommended

I glad to hear that worked for both of you! Rarely does an operating system upgrade go smoothly, I am just glad this was the only thing that went wrong.

@ninjamel

Yep, I am able to duplicate that issue. I found a workaround that is sufficient until this is officially fixed by HP:

1. I started by creating a new profile on the left side of the Omen Control Center. I called mine "Custom Hotkey Profile".

Then assign the hotkeys.

1.png

2. Next, click on the default profile and then click back to the new profile. The assigned hotkeys are GONE!

2.png

3. Delete the new profile, this will leave the Default profile and a "Profile 1".

3.png

4.png

Profile 1 contains all the hotkeys that you just created. It will also be missing the Fn shortcut key. Reset the Fn shortcut key and rename the profile if you would like. This is now setup to hold the hotkeys permanently.

Hope that helps. It sucks that we are bound to this buggy software. Windows 10 has only been out for a few weeks, so I have hope that HP is working to resolve this.

Fyi.. 

If anyone is interested, I am also working on building a program that expands the capabilities of the 6 programmable. Its not quite ready yet, but I am getting close to the point where I will need some testers...

HP Recommended

to Mr. GP

Me me!  re, a tester for your proposed project.

You are most valuable fellow. Please be sure to hang out here so can check for any other fixes you may have. tx and rgds

HP Recommended

Thanks, _gp! I had multiple profiles, so I just deleted them and tried it your way. Your fix worked again. Appreciate the help!

HP Recommended

_gp:     You solved a problem the the HP tech I was online with could not solve after 2 hours. Thank you.:smileyhappy:

HP Recommended

@dbisme - Glad that fix worked for you. HP's support is a joke.

and fyi, I think I may have found a solution to change the LED color or disable the rear exhaust (zone 😎 lights:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware/OMEN-Possible-solution-to-change-rear-exhaust-fans-zo...

I won't be able to test it for another week, so if anyone is willing to try that out and report back, I would appreciate it. Otherwise I will test it next week and let you guys know.

HP Recommended

Is anyone's function key defaults resetting after a reboot or sleep? Mine revert to the default every time. The settings are intact in Omen control but somehow it doesn't register. I have to "refresh" the settings by changing something for all the settings to register.

HP Recommended

@Quip13 Read the thread, particularly THIS page. I had the same problem and  _gp found a temporary workaround.

HP Recommended

@ninjamel

Yes the fix work great for the programmable keys on the side, but my question concerns the function keys at the top of the keyboard (f1, f2, f3 etc.) I really liked the feature where you don't have to hit fn to activate the secondary functions.

Does yours work after a reboot?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.