Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN DC0032NF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

I have been experiencing charging issues with my notebook, very similar to the ones described in this topic: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Charging-Issues/td-p/5809264

The only difference being the color of my led while on is always white (orange for charging, white for fully charged) and that my battery isn't removable. 

I have already purchased another charger. I also tried updating all my drivers, including the BIOS, the HP hardware diagnostic tool (which does not detect an issue but can't run the AC adapter test) as well as a factory reset. As well, I deleted and reinstalled the battery drivers, but this led me nowhere. 

I would gladly take any advice at this point, 

Have a great day ! 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

To be precise : When I plug in my charger, the plugged in icon appears, along with the smart AC adapter tool notification. The plugged in icon then fades but the led remains white

HP Recommended

Hi @Leojulien

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you. Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:

Perform a hard reset:

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.

3. Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.

4. Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.

5. For most laptops, press and hold the Power button for 15 seconds to reset.

6. Plug the AC adapter back into the laptop computer, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.

7. Press the Power button to turn on the computer.

8. If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, and then press the Enter key.

9. After Windows opens, reconnect each peripheral device that was disconnected, one device at a time, until all devices are reconnected.

Right-Click on start button> click device manager> Batteries>then select the drivers and right-click on it and uninstall all battery drivers. 

Then restart the computer and check again. 

Let us run a test on the battery from the UEFI

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  3. Perform Component Test > Battery. Share the result on your next post.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Kumar0307, 

I followed your procedure, unfornatunately with o results. Thanks for the help though

Concerning the UEFI test, the results ar

Battery check : Primary- OK (1) 

Primary: Logic State- No AC Power (1), Charge State - Not available 

Pass ID : 29819-43610-53654

[edit] 

Component Test: PASSED

HP Recommended

@Leojulien, thank you for the detailed response.

Was the AC adapter connected when you ran the test?

In the Test, it mentions: "Primary: Logic State- No AC Power "

Kindly connect the AC adapter and run the test again.

If the AC adapter was connected indeed, there may be an issue with the charging port on the PC.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your PC. 

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.