Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN X LAPTOP
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

It's a i7-8720HK.

I was wondering what my options are:

Should I use my warranty to send it to the omen technicians so they can take a look ?

Should I go to my local repair/retail shop so he can re-paste and check the heat pipes ?

Or should I just undervolt and not do anything about it ? (I found that undervolting to -0.130 V is stable and the heat goes down to 88° under load.

What should I do ?

While playing The Witcher 3 on ultraWhile playing The Witcher 3 on ultra

Product number: 2LV60UA#ABA

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@hotchocolate3k

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I did some research and here's what you need to know:

Generally, when temperatures inside the case rise above 35 degrees Celsius (95 degrees Fahrenheit), the risk of damaging important internal components increases greatly.

Also, to avoid the CPU damage, we do not recommend throttling or overclocking the CPU.

Let's try updating the bios and check: 
Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.