Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 7265NGW
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all

I have a problem that appears from time to time on an OMEN 15 laptop, the problem is that suddenly windows shows a bluescreen error, reboots and then cannot start normally. Sending me to the Windows recovery options, at first I tried to execute all the recovery ways but none worked so I disconnect the secondary hard disk (1TB mechanical disk) to reinstall Windows and avoid any loss of data but after doing this windows started normally with the main disk (solid state disk) only, so now every time the error occurs I disconnect the secondary disk to start Windows and then turn off to connect the secondary disk.

I do not know if this is a common problem but I have been told that it could be the flex cable that connects disk 2, it is worth mentioning that I have updated firmware, all the drivers and windows patches.

Any indication I will appreciate
thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@WarioM

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,

I understand that your HP notebook is not booting from the primary hard drive, I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue.
This sounds like the windows operating system is not installed correctly due to that computer is not booting into windows desktop from the first drive. 

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.