Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15-dc1018ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. On my gaming laptop, I ran into one problem, the essence of which is as follows.
The official hp site has a section called “software and drivers”, in my model there is one utility (firmware update utility for the video card power scheme) located in the “BIOS - system firmware and driver” section. I downloaded this utility from the site, but could not install it into the system, the message “the tool is not compatible with this device” appears. Why is that?
If this helps, this utility is loaded when you turn on the laptop on the network.
Help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Tigran_1126 

If you click on See More Details link of that driver and navigate to the Release Notes, you will see that the tool only supports GTX 1070 and 1060 graphics cards. According to your specs, you only have a 1665.

Also: That drivers page shows for all the 15-dc1000 models (one size fits all). That's why you see that download available.

devices supported.JPG

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @Tigran_1126 

If you click on See More Details link of that driver and navigate to the Release Notes, you will see that the tool only supports GTX 1070 and 1060 graphics cards. According to your specs, you only have a 1665.

Also: That drivers page shows for all the 15-dc1000 models (one size fits all). That's why you see that download available.

devices supported.JPG

Hope that helps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.