Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

As the title sais, my OMEN laptop will not turn on. The power adapter is pluged in, the charging light is on but when I press the power buton, nothing happens!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Roberto_Gomez,

Thank you for your query,

I understand that you are unable to power on your Omen notebook.  The adapter is  plugged in and the charging light is on, but when you press the power button nothing happens. What is the product number of your Omen?

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Are you connecting directly into an electrical outlet and not using a power bar?

Have you tried a different electrical outlet?

Here is a link to   HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Using the AC Power Adapter.

When you press the power button to turn it on, do you hear the fan spin up or any hard drive noises?

If the adapter tests OK and you hear no sounds from the notebook at all, please contact HP support for assistance.

Please contact HP support at Contact HP Support.

Please let me know the outcome.

Thank you  for participating in the HP Forums! We want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as yourself. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as   "Accept as Solution"   to help other community  members!

To show appreciation for my efforts, please click the   Thumbs Up icon   below.  

Best of Luck!

Sparkles1

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @Roberto_Gomez,

Thank you for your query,

I understand that you are unable to power on your Omen notebook.  The adapter is  plugged in and the charging light is on, but when you press the power button nothing happens. What is the product number of your Omen?

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Are you connecting directly into an electrical outlet and not using a power bar?

Have you tried a different electrical outlet?

Here is a link to   HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Using the AC Power Adapter.

When you press the power button to turn it on, do you hear the fan spin up or any hard drive noises?

If the adapter tests OK and you hear no sounds from the notebook at all, please contact HP support for assistance.

Please contact HP support at Contact HP Support.

Please let me know the outcome.

Thank you  for participating in the HP Forums! We want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as yourself. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as   "Accept as Solution"   to help other community  members!

To show appreciation for my efforts, please click the   Thumbs Up icon   below.  

Best of Luck!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended
I contacted HP support and had my laptop picked up today, I hope you guys can solve the problem soon.
HP Recommended

Hi @Roberto_Gomez,

Thank you for the update.

Please let me know the outcome when you get your notebook back.

Regards

Sparkles1

HP Recommended
How long should it take for HP to repair my laptop? An average repair time that may vary is all I'm asking for.

HP support is telling me to "call again in 3 working days" over and over so I would like to know what to expect.
HP Recommended

Hi @Roberto_Gomez,

Thnak you for the update.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

I just received the laptop, it's nice to have a working computer again!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.