Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop - 15-en0013dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

recently purchased the HP Omen 15 (15-en0013dx) but unfortunately the screen brightness is not adjustable. It appears to be stuck at 100% brightness level. The FN keys do not work nor does opening up the windows setting directly. I have updated all the drivers multiple times, updated windows to the latest version , and factory reset the laptop and the problem still persists. 

Having the brightness at max setting is a big strain on my eyes and it is also causing my battery to drain when not plugged in. This is a big disappointment since this is a basic functionality of all laptops. Is there anything that can be done? Is the HP team planning on releasing a firmware fix/update?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

You have installed both the AMD and NVIDIA graphics drivers?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/omen-15-en0000-laptop-pc-series/32827270/model/3466...

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

yes... I have installed both drivers

HP Recommended

@Ovee 

Looking at the drivers available from your models info page, I see the HP System Utility is missing.

Have you tried installing that one also? It is supposed to enable function key support for HP laptops.

Now days, its not a traditional install, rather a Windows App. Here is the link....

Get HP System Event Utility - Microsoft Store

Reboot and give it a try.

If that does not work, I would contact HP Support for a warranty issue.  Since those are new systems, we have not seen this as a common issue yet, so it may have a hardware failure of some kind.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.