Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 15t-dc000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I was changing  my  keyboard colors. I set it to all white. My laptop keyboard colors are divided in 4 zones. Left most zone shows the accurate color. But the other two on right have a yellow tint to them. Whats the issue. How can I solve it ?
I have tried reinstalling System Utility and  Command Center. Still no luck. 
Please help!
IMG_20200327_173144.jpgIMG_20200327_173152.jpgIMG_20200327_173158.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Jayesh17
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant:  (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating) 

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open the HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

And, also run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have this exact same issue and nothing on this forum has helped. I've tried to resolve this since June of 2019 and not a single HP rep has been able to help. If I can't get this fixed, you better believe I'm never buying an HP product again.

Windows up to date. BIOS up to date. Colors still wrong. What's going on, HP?

HP Recommended

@OmenRGBKeyboard

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Have you made any hardware/software changes?
  • Did you make any changes to the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
  • When was the last time it worked fine?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello!

My reply might be late but I have the exact same issue in my computer (HP Omen 15 dc1014np). I bought it 5 months ago and the keyboard lights were fine at that time (no discoloration at all). Last week I tried to change the colors and noticed this problem. This issue also applys for other colors too, not just white. I suspect that might had been some windows or software update because they worked fine before. I checked for updates and everything it's updated. I'll be thankful if someone could help me.

Below I posted some pictures about this issue. I set it all to the same color and the left side of the keyboard always looks more bright then the middle and the right side. As I already mentioned this issue applys for other colors too.

Thanks!

(I'm sorry if my English was bad. I´m not native speaker).

20200430_021036.jpg20200430_021143.jpg

HP Recommended

I have tried all that still the discoloration is the same. There was a BIOS Update and Command Center update that also didn't help. 

HP Recommended

You have the exact issue as mine. Left zone is always bright than other ones.
It was fine for me, all of a sudden I noticed this. I have tried all possible solutions still no luck.
Looks super bad if we set one color. Its been 1 year I'm having this laptop with no isses at all, recently got this. But this is also the case with newer ones also. Hope we get this fixed.

HP Recommended

@Jayesh17  @JoãoRibeiro30

Thank you for posting back.

Let's try these steps -

1) In the search box, type and open "Uninstall a Program". 
2) Look for OMEN Command Center. 
3) Right-click to uninstall. 
4) Restart the computer. 
5) Install the OMEN Command Center from this link.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same problem, and all HP reps say the same things, like bots looking for keywords in your post instead of actually reading them. The lighting on Omen keyboards is a big problem HP needs to address it, if you still have a warranty take it back so they can replace it. I have been in contact with another Omen owner who was told its a factory defect. Blows my mind this is still happening to people who buy 2020 machines. Fix you shoddy keyboards HP...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.