Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15 DH-0022nf (HP Omen 15T 2019 RTX 2070)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

EDIT: Until further notice, this case is closed, had another issue and did a HP Cloud recovery reinstall.. that didn't work. I'll figure out how to fix it if it doesn't work again

Hello, I'm experiencing a strange issue, where in games ONLY, I get strong input lag from the keyboard. For instance, when I load up a game and type in the chat, sometimes a certain (random) key locks up, and I have to press it again 2 or 3 times until my input finally gets registered. And overall typing feels delayed.

But the strange part is that this happens in video games ONLY, this issue is only very slight/unnoticeable when I'm typing something in my browser for instance.

My version of windows is Windows 10 v1909 (OS Build 18363.720), and everything is up to date.

I have the version of the 2019 HP Omen that has the regular red keyboard, not the one with the 4-zone lighting and anti-ghosting feature (I know the anti-ghosting feature is absent because if I hold down both SHIFT keys and type in "THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG, it turns out like "THEQUIKROWFOJUPSOERTHELAYDO")

I also  haven't updated BIOS yet, but will do so soon after posting this.

Other than that, system performance is really good, and in-game framerates are very high and stable, but the input lag ruins the experience.

I'm really hoping this doesn't turn out to be a hardware issue, and I'm really hoping this issue can be resolved.

EDIT:  I tried playing with my Razer Ornata Chroma, an external keyboard. And it works fine, the issue is only present on the laptop keyboard

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: I am not a HP Employee, so take some of my advice with a grain of salt, I can and will help people the best I can however when I'm available.
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @TheUltraCube

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the Keyboard issue. 

Please try these steps -

1.) In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.

2.) Double-click Keyboards.

3.) Right click on the keyboard drivers and click on uninstall.

4.) Restart the computer.

Also, try updating the computer - 

Step 1 Windows Updates -

1.) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates.

2.) Check for updates.

3.) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 2 HP Support Assistant Updates -

1.) In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant.

2.) Check for updates.

3.) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Download and install the BIOS, Chipset drivers from this link.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.