Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15-dc0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I bought my laptop about 4 months ago and the battery has been a real pain. I wasn't expecting a day of use out of it but i was hoping of getting at least 3-5 solid hours of use. I usually get about an hour and a half, and the maximum it would go is 2 hours, and that's without gaming. If i want to get work done, for example at the library, i have to restrict myself to 1 hour of use and the other half hour, i would just use it maybe when i'm in class. I did look around other forums but i still haven't found an answer to my problem! I did look around a little but in my laptop to see what might be draining my battery and the first possible problem might be because of Google Chrome. Chrome has been responsible for draining by battery mostly and right now sits at 50% in a day but would reach 65% in a week.  I just have 6 extensions; AdBlocker, Adobe Acrobat, Google Docs Offline, Slides, Docs and Sheets. What makes this worst is that the next app that drains my battery is Solidworks which is at 4% only. Another reason might be that my battery settings is always set at Best Performance (I would decrease it to better battery if i have a lot of work to do). My laptop is up to date, i updated by BIOS about a month ago, Chrome is up to date as well, i just don't know where the problem seems to come from. Any help or suggestion is mostly welcomed!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Avish05 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand the HP Omen 15 Battery Drain quickly.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

Below I've listed a series of steps that should help your cause: 

• Video about improving your notebook battery performance 

• How long does a notebook battery last? 

• Adjusting notebook battery power plans 

• Factors that contribute to loss of notebook battery capacity 

• Recommended notebook battery care practices 

• Original battery charges slowly, replacement battery charges normally 

• Special recommendations for embedded (not customer replaceable) notebook batteries 

• Tips for conserving notebook battery power 

For more details, Click here​​​​​​ 

You will need to Understand Lithium-Ion and Smart Battery Technology: Click here for details 

I have a few steps listed below that should help you resolve this concern: 

Unplug the charge and use the laptop until the battery drains to 15%. 

Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins. 

Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager: 
1) In the search box, type and open “Device Manager”.  

2) Expand “Batteries”.  

3) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there.  

4) Click on “Uninstall”.  

5) At the prompt put a check in the box to remove the current driver  

6) Shutdown the computer.  

7) Remove the battery for minute and then put it back in.  

😎 When the computer comes back up it should automatically find the driver.  

9) Go to Device Manager.  

10) Expand Batteries.  

11) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there. 

12) Click "Search automatically for updated driver software"  

Do the same thing with Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller.  

Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed. 

Additional help can be found in the below articles: 

Battery Charging Delayed When Operating Notebook in High Ambient Temperatures 

Battery Does Not Charge when Using a Voltage Adapter with the Power Adapter 

Battery Indicator Light Turns On and Off While Battery is Charging 

Please update the BIOS one more time and check for the issue.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.