Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 15-dc1023nf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi !

I recently bought an Omen 15 with a 9300H, and I've noticed that the CPU is locked at turbo speed all the time when the PC is plugged on. Even when selecting the Comfort mode in the Omen Command Center, and when using a normal power plan, my 9300H is locked at around 4ghz. I'd rather have it ramp up or down the frequency ladder according to the actual load, this would cut dramatically on noise and temps. How can I do that?

Capture.PNG

Also, what causes the wide difference between the CPU usage reported by the task manager, and the one reported by the Command Center?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi, on your current power plan, click Modify/Settings then click Advanced then click Processor Power Management then click the + next Minimum Processor State and see what the Setting is.

If it's set at 100% then you know the reason, change it to something like 5% and see how that works for you.

VR software, along with a few others will adjust this setting to 100%.

*Just a community member, not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.