Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15 dc0021nc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello i just bought my new gaming laptop. the first time i played some games i got the cpu to heat up to like 85° degrees. the top of the laptop was very hot and im not really a pc guy so i just want to know if thats normal. and if its not what is the solution for this. i saw many of threads about omen overheating so im just wondering. btw sorry for my bad english. Thank you for reply

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @Randysek,

Generally, if you are gaming or using any high-end application the PC will raise the temperature and if the vents are restricted that will increase the heat more. 

I have checked the records and found a service advisory related to the issue you have mentioned.

The new Comfort mode can be used to keep the computer cooler when convenient. However, the option is only available by updating to the latest version of OMEN Command Center (version 6.2.3.0 or later) and updating the BIOS to version F.06 (or later).

The new Comfort mode is suitable for casual tasks. It lowers CPU and GPU temperatures.

Update OMEN Command Center to the latest version and use the comfort mode to change the settings.

Download the OMEN Command Center using this link. Click Here

Update the BIOS to the latest version using this link. Click Here

Also, if you still have issues try performing the following troubleshooting steps:

1 - Right-click on any open space on your computer's taskbar.

2 -Select "Task Manager" and press "Enter."

3 -Select "View" from the Taskbar Manager's pull-down menu. If more than one computer is connected to your network, notice the graphs for all CPUs. Select "One Graph Per CPU." This will help determine which computers are using more processing time.

4 -Go to the "Applications" tab. Because this tab shows open programs in real time, you will be able to see exactly when a program has been opened and closed at the time that it occurs. Identify and close selected programs by highlighting each one separately and clicking on "End Task" to free up processing time. (Important: Make sure all work is saved prior to closing any programs.)

5 -Go to the "Processes" tab and view them, but do not delete any of them unless absolutely necessary. All of the hidden system processes and programs are listed here. (Note: See Warnings section.)

6 -Set your computer's cooling fan to "Auto." Next, slide the Processing Speed scale to "3-4." Slide the Cooling Method scale to the middle of the range. These settings will slow down the CPU when needed

Also, Hit Win Key + R
Type in “Regedit” and then hit Enter.
Go to ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management’
Find ‘ClearPageFileAtShutDown’ and change its value to 1
Restart the computer

Lastly, try running a system diagnostics test on your PC and check if the hardware components on the PC are functioning correctly.

Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC. Click Here

Refer this article to know more information about overheating issues with the PC. Click Here

Hope to this answers your query!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.