Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Omen 15 (2017 model bought towards the end of 2018). It was under warranty till end of October last year (2019) and was working perfectly till then.

Once it went out of warranty, from November 2019 to March 2020, the laptop has been dying on me part by part.

As of now, the main hinge of the laptop is stuck. I'm pretty sure that if I try to force it open, I'll either break the hinge or the (delicate) screen.

Around December 2019 (couple of months after running out of warranty), the fan suddenly started making weird noise, meaning that I ended up with a gaming laptop whose fan will begin to make loud noises if the temperature went too high (in short, I was stuck with a gaming laptop on which I could not play any games without risking damage to its fans).

Since then, the battery back-up has also reduced by a significant amount. As of now, I get around one and a half hour of screen time with a full charge for watching movies or doing light work (seriously, this laptop is supposed to have a 70 WH battery -- it should last for atleast a couple of hours when I'm doing normal work). 

If I try to run a game on battery, I won't be surprised if the laptop barely lasts half an hour.

After that, I'm now stuck with the hinge problem for which I created this thread. What's more is that my laptop has had NO physical damage right from the moment it was purchased (I'm very particular about taking proper care of my gadgets).

I'm having a hard time believing that all of this is a coincidence, the laptop used to work very smoothly while it was within warranty, once it ran out of warranty, one by one all components seem to be dying.

I can already see that once I repair this hinge, the battery will be giving me trouble sometime in the near future.

Anyone who's thinking of going with HP, don't. I'm regretting that decision myself right now. 

And to any HP support agent reading this, should I expect any help from you guys? Or should I just open my wallet and throw it at you, paying you another 100$+ for a manufacturing defect that has nothing to do with me?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Demon-Rem I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.