Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15 2020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good morning!

I am having an issue regarding my keyboard in HP Omen 15 rtx 2060 version. When I'm playing games, sometimes pressing R for reload in valorant don't register. When I'm typing on word or any application, the pressing the letter R registers just fine, but sometimes it doesn't especially after playing Valorant, pressing letter R just wont work often. But as I am typing this, letter R just seems registering fine. I don't know if it's a hardware problem or a software problem. I think after a long games of pressing the WASD key, it affects the letter R? Or when I pressed r repetitively, it won't register anymore. What are your thoughts? The only keyboard problem was the letter R at all. 

44 REPLIES 44
HP Recommended

Hello @xjamps 

There is no software fix I am aware of for that issue. It sounds more like the key itself is faulty.

You would do best to contact HP Support directly for a warranty issue.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

HP Recommended

Thank you! I have observed that it isn't a keyboard issue but because of the game Valorant, pressing letter R do sometimes lag. I just uninstalled it and the R key works pretty well. When I installed it, it came back. Does this mean I have to stop playing valorant for a while?

HP Recommended

The R key works with no issues when Valorant is uninstalled? Very odd!

Look into Valorants settings and see if you can find the key bindings. Change the binding for the R key and see if that stops it.

Otherwise, you will have to ask the makers of Valorant what the deal is. See if there is a forum for Valorant and ask.

HP Recommended

Yes, that's really very odd.  I tried changing the R key for reload to F, and it works but then when I alt tab and for example chat some people the R key still has input lags. Thank you for the suggestion!

HP Recommended

Ok then. Hopefully the folks at Valorant will have a suggestion. Sometimes the Reddit forum will have some good advice when it comes to certain games.

Maybe give them a try?

Good luck.

HP Recommended

Hi!!

I am EXACTLY with the same problem!! [But not only when play games, it doesn't work when typing as well]

sometimes is works perfectly but it is unstable ...

I wrote a post reporting this issue too, but still with no answer.

It doesn't seem to be a hardware issue, but who knows!

I've seen people posting the same issue but different keys and OMEN models!

HP Recommended

Hello! Yes it’s sometimes unstable even when typing now. I think the problem is somewhat connected when pressing the WASD keys and pressing R, when I repeat words like riot or rush, the r works fine but when I repeat words like road or word, which has “wasd” keys on it, after 3 consecutive words, they R key would become unstable. Until now, the problem still isn’t solved. The HP Omen really is good but that one problem really annoys me. I also passed some logs on HP support when I used HP hardware diagnostics with a Failure ID, and I don’t receive any replies till now. 

HP Recommended

@erickcabral wrote:

I am EXACTLY with the same problem!! [But not only when play games, it doesn't work when typing as well]

sometimes is works perfectly but it is unstable ...

That is why I suggested to do a warranty claim initially. That is a symptom of faulty keyboard, more than anything I've ever seen on this forum. It could be that series has a weakness in the keyboard itself and HP needs to address it.

HP Recommended

The thing is that I’m from the Philippines and the laptop was bought in the US. The HP has a global warranty, right? I want to confirm this. And it’s because there’s still lots of COVID cases out here and my family is overprotective, the service center is really really far from our area. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.