Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I also got the same problem but after your answer It is clear now thanks sharing for such valuable reply 

HP Recommended

Same issue my Enter key is not working properly. when I press Enter for to open folder it open a bunch of folders automatically.😣😪 

HP Recommended

I experience the same issue, have to copy "r" to even write this

HP Recommended

Anyone solved R letter problem? I ve got the same problem when I gaming in my brand new one omen 15 hp 😞

HP Recommended

@Joxdrey  I haven't, but I'm curious...

1. Are you (and everyone else here) using the same 15-ek0000 series (starts with 15-ek0xxx) laptop as the OP, or a different one? 
  2. Is it only happening with that one game (Valorant) or with other games too (what games)? If you remove the game(s), does the R key work again?

Could you try an experiment? Uninstall the Omen Gaming Hub, does it make any difference?

to reinstall... Get OMEN Gaming Hub - Microsoft Store 

HP Recommended

1. I don't know about others but I'm using the same unit

2. No, it was only in Valorant at first, then it became worse. Now it affects even MS word, google, etc. as long as you're typing.

I can't seem to uninstall OMEN Gaming Hub

HP Recommended

@Asura22   What im asking is, if valorant is installed and this happens, does uninstalling Valorant make the other programs work OK with the keyboard? Im trying to determine that its ONLY Valorant that is the culprit while installed, or if another program is the cause.

To uninstall a Windows App, I can right click on its icon in the start menu and choose uninstall.

But to be more thorough, I use REVO Uninstaller (free version). It will search for left over files and remove them afterward. I have used it on the Game Hub with success. Did not have issues reinstalling afterward.

HP Recommended

No, uninstalling valorant doesn't help at all, I tried it at multiple occasions to no avail. There's a time that my  "r" worked properly when I uninstalled valorant, but the issue popped back at a certain point, even though it was already uninstalled.(at least in my case, don't know about the others though)

I don't think that valorant is the culprit.

HP Recommended

OK, could you go ahead and see if removing the Gaming Hub helps? I gave the way I do it above.

HP Recommended

OMEN Laptop - 15-en0004nl, my letter R doesnt work after few minute that i start to play crossout i didnt try to unistall gaming hub yet.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.