Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

@Photoray002  i did the experiment,  unistalled gaming hub but when i play crossout after few minutes the letter R doesnt work at all ,and then give problem also in other application . now for example r doesnt woks

HP Recommended

OK then. that rules out that software then.

I can report the issue, but I don't know what will happen. HP wont keep me updated on a fix or such.

I recommend all of you contact HP Support for a warranty claim also. That will help get HPs attention more so than me reporting it.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

HP Recommended

Hello again. My laptop is 15-ek0001nt. I have had this issue three months ago, when my laptop was 4 months old. I played only Cyberpunk 2077. I noticed this issue only pronounce only if I press "qwerasdf" keys frequently.

I tried to

1) Delete the game, delete the omen software

2) Check drivers and etc,

3) Bios update and clean reinstall,

4) Reset my PC altogether but nothing solves my problem.

I contacted HP support and run some diagnostic, they agreed this is hardware problem not software. Now, my right speaker has stopped working. On top of that, my touchpad is loose from the start, so my HP Omen adventure is not going very well...

HP Recommended

@promonstera  Ya Im kind of leaning to hardware keyboard issue also.  I assume they going to have you send it to them for repairs. Let us know how it turns out.

HP Recommended

i ve sent my laptop omen 15 under warranty at the service and they changed the keyboard now seems all is ok.

HP Recommended

Hey, How long did it take? i want to send it in but I dont want them to mess with my ssd i installed no go though my stuff. Any poblems with that? r key blows, and x is stating to **bleep**e out too.

HP Recommended

@ryzenberg   Even though technically they shouldn't have a need to alter your SSD or go through your stuff. BUT that doesn't mean it might not happen, even HP cant be watching every technician 24/7.  NO Guarantees!

If you don't want certain things to be seen on your drive, the only secure way to stop that is to wipe the drive (reinstall Windows) first. I would make a backup image of the whole drive onto an external first. Then reinstall windows.

There would be no reason for them to remove it if that's what you're asking. If you are in doubt, remove the SSD and put it back the way it was from factory.

That's all  anyone can offer on that subject.

HP Recommended

I appreciate the info. Only other question is an estimate of time... I may call but I need it for work and i have a different keyboard also.

HP Recommended

Right now its hit and miss with how things are with the whole Covid issue still. Some users are having fast turn-arounds, some not.   Its really unpredictable these days, so I hate to mislead you. Since you are in the US, Im confident it will be with in the usual 2-3 week turn around if they have to send you the mailing box first, etc.

HP Recommended

I have he exact same issue with the Letter R "right out of the box" from Best Buy.... I returned it and got another one and now 6 months latter the same issue on this laptop (HP Omen 15-ek0013dx) 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.