Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

Please can someone assist me.

I bought a new HP Omen 15 gaming laptop 4 weeks ago and it has worked flawlessly until this morning.

A message popped up stating the battery was running low, so I plugged in the mains charger. I immediately noticed the battery indicator would only move from left to right to indicate charging for about 10 seconds and then stop, but would always say "plugged in". Every time I removed the mains charger and plugged it back in, the same thing would happen. I started browsing for solutions, but now the battery has no life and I can't even start the laptop up, not even whilst it's plugged in.

I've tried disconnecting, then reconnecting the battery but it does not help.

Since I now cannot start the laptop up, I don't know what else to try.

I did manage to run the diagnostics with F2 on startup before the charge run out and it said the battery and AC power tests passed.

Also, I do get an orange charge light on the side of the laptop when it's plugged in.

Additional info: I've just tested the mains charger with a multimeter and it is producing 20.3 (rated 19.5), so the mains charger is definitely working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Peter

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@PJ1981 

I did post the problem of my HP Omen 15 machine around August 2020 and posted again few weeks ago.

(a) The first one said battery on my Omen died, I decided run on main thru an UPS because too expensive to replace:

Omen Batt price_0.png

(b) The second one said it came back from God

Omen bat.png 

My suggestion: update BIOS, run Windows updates and hope.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the response, but unfortunately I can't even get my laptop to start up on mains!

HP Recommended

@PJ1981 wrote:

Thank you for the response, but unfortunately I can't even get my laptop to start up on mains!

@PJ1981 

Why I did not get this notification ! Well,  that is a different story then. Could be problem with the charger itself or charging port. You need to see a service center to have a look.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.