cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
PJ1981
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Omen 15 - Not Charging

HP Recommended
HP Omen 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

Please can someone assist me.

I bought a new HP Omen 15 gaming laptop 4 weeks ago and it has worked flawlessly until this morning.

A message popped up stating the battery was running low, so I plugged in the mains charger. I immediately noticed the battery indicator would only move from left to right to indicate charging for about 10 seconds and then stop, but would always say "plugged in". Every time I removed the mains charger and plugged it back in, the same thing would happen. I started browsing for solutions, but now the battery has no life and I can't even start the laptop up, not even whilst it's plugged in.

I've tried disconnecting, then reconnecting the battery but it does not help.

Since I now cannot start the laptop up, I don't know what else to try.

I did manage to run the diagnostics with F2 on startup before the charge run out and it said the battery and AC power tests passed.

Also, I do get an orange charge light on the side of the laptop when it's plugged in.

Additional info: I've just tested the mains charger with a multimeter and it is producing 20.3 (rated 19.5), so the mains charger is definitely working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Peter

3 REPLIES 3
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
96,910 64,399 12,563 21,192
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@PJ1981 

I did post the problem of my HP Omen 15 machine around August 2020 and posted again few weeks ago.

(a) The first one said battery on my Omen died, I decided run on main thru an UPS because too expensive to replace:

Omen Batt price_0.png

(b) The second one said it came back from God

Omen bat.png 

My suggestion: update BIOS, run Windows updates and hope.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
PJ1981
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the response, but unfortunately I can't even get my laptop to start up on mains!

banhien
Level 19
Level 19
96,910 64,399 12,563 21,192
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@PJ1981 wrote:

Thank you for the response, but unfortunately I can't even get my laptop to start up on mains!

@PJ1981 

Why I did not get this notification ! Well,  that is a different story then. Could be problem with the charger itself or charging port. You need to see a service center to have a look.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation