Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15-dc1092tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Folks,

I purchased this laptop in August '19. At first, I didn't have any problems with the battery for couple of months.

Then, in October, I turned it on after 3 weeks to find that the battery level had gone down to 35% while I remember shutting it down at 78%.

Since then, the laptop loses about 2.5% everyday while completely turned off i.e no sleep, hibernate etc.

I have tried many things, from disabling fast startup to disabling USB while the system is off, but nothing seems to help. All the software are up-to-date thanks to HP Assistant.

I also ran the HP Diagnostic test, both in Windows and through BIOS, to find that there are no issues with the Battery.

It seems to me that this might be a hardware issue.

Please let me know what might be the issue and how may I fix it.

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Please could anyone reply ?

HP Recommended

@ShantanuGhose47 

The Disable Connected Standby feature on the following article helps abit but not 100%, machine still drains around 1% a day

https://windowsreport.com/battery-drain-shutdown/

and also please try

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01297640

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response, Banhein.

I went ahead and disabled the Connected Standby feature as suggested. Though, I am not sure it is going to work because I didn't have this issue previously. It was working properly and then, one day, I noticed that the battery had started draining while shutdown.

Have you faced any kind of issue like this?

HP Recommended

Hi,

I disabled Connected Standby feature as suggested and now the laptop is draining around 2% daily. I don't know what else to try. I have tried almost everything and the issue is still there.

Does this mean the battery or some other component is malfunctioning? This is a new laptop so it has me worried 😞

HP Recommended

Hey Guys,

I would really appreciate any information that you could provide. I am still unable to fix this issue. The warranty centers are the worst here. They might make problems even worse than before. I am hoping it doesn't come to that.

HP Recommended

@mycfavisit wrote:

Hi,

I disabled Connected Standby feature as suggested and now the laptop is draining around 2% daily. I don't know what else to try. I have tried almost everything and the issue is still there.

Does this mean the battery or some other component is malfunctioning? This is a new laptop so it has me worried 😞

Thank you so much for sharing such a useful information. I will definitely share this with others.

HP Recommended

@ShantanuGhose47, is it possible the pc is waking up on its own, doing its secret updates while you're not aware, and then going back to sleep?   Are you talking about the pc in sleep mode, or completely turned off?    Anyway, let me explain some recent experiences I've had.  

By the way, even without waking up, it seems these have a bit of a reputation for draining battery during sleep more than most laptops, and that's very likely what you're experiencing.   

I've had a few instances where my omen would wake up on its own.  I know for sure it's done this from sleep, and I had the mouse disconnected when it happened (so I know it wasn't the mouse waking it up).  Usually it goes back to sleep on its own, and had I not been awake when it happened I would have never known (other than a mysterious hit on battery charge during the night).  One time it failed to fall back asleep and ran the battery all the way down, which bothered me because that's not good for battery longevity.  For one of the instances my memory is starting to fade and I'm not so certain, but I thought it woke up from a completely "off" state.   But that doesn't seem possible.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.