Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
HP Recommended
6WC38UA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So a couple months back I noticed this weird issue where if I closed my laptop the lip of the screen would get pulled on when I tried to open it again, like it wasn't lined up right or something. This was a little frustrating as I take incredible care of my notebook and honestly use it like a desktop, I had only noticed it because I closed it to lift it up and plug something into the back of it. This wasn't the end of the world because as I said I don't really use it like a laptop anyways so I've just left the screen up the whole time since. 

Fast forward to today and I wanted to add a second hard drive in the empty bay so I removed the back and as soon as I unscrewed the bottom it clicked open in the front. Looking at the back my battery looked unusually fat and when I tried putting the back on again it wouldn't close because the battery was too fat. If I attempted to force it shut I noticed it caused a slight warp in the shell, and I then realized the battery expanding is why my screen lip was catching when I closed it.

I've just looked up my warranty as my laptop isn't that old, and I learned my warranty ran out a little less than a year ago. Is there really nothing I can do about this if my warranty is up? I mean my laptop is performing incredibly well still. It runs cool even when I game on it, and I've made sure to blow out the dust from the fans. I have no issues with heat or performance so is it safe to just kinda leave it? Is there a risk it will blow up or something crazy? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @IrvingDK, Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

Apologies for all the inconvenience

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue, and in order to fix this issue,  your computer needs to be serviced.  As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now,

As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest youContact HPin your region regarding the service options for your computer. 

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @IrvingDK, Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

Apologies for all the inconvenience

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue, and in order to fix this issue,  your computer needs to be serviced.  As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now,

As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest youContact HPin your region regarding the service options for your computer. 

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.