Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen by HP 15-dc1005nc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have a problem with my gaming notebook Omen by HP 15-dc1005nc. I bought it just a week ago and from the beginning It can drain the battery in 2-3 hours when I am doing NOTHING! I left my notebook for like 10 or 15 minutes on my homescreen with no running programs and the battery dropped by 10%. And sometimes fans are running pretty loud even now while writing this.I have not played almost any games on it, just Minecraft, but I think this is pretty bad battery life even for a gaming notebook.Maybe there is not a integrated graphic card to do simple tasks but I do not know how to find out. Thanks for any response and help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Davidisimo1 

Ill try to answer your questions the best I can, even though you're not going to like it.

3 hr of average usage on those Omen batteries is about the standard for them. There is only discrete graphics, no Optimus (switchable graphics) available for the integrated option. There is nothing you can adjust to change that.

Open the Omen Command Center and see if you have the option for Comfort Mode (located in Performance Control). That will help a little with power usage and fan noise.  I would turn off any unnecessary programs running in the background at startup also from the Task Manager and dim the screen (battery only).

HP only recommends on playing games while plugged in. You will bring your battery to its end of life much sooner as you put more recycles on it. Personally I never use the battery unless I have to travel and have no choice. Otherwise, its a gaming machine that HP did not design for battery efficiency.

If you are not satisfied, you can always take it up with HP Warranty service directly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Davidisimo1 

Ill try to answer your questions the best I can, even though you're not going to like it.

3 hr of average usage on those Omen batteries is about the standard for them. There is only discrete graphics, no Optimus (switchable graphics) available for the integrated option. There is nothing you can adjust to change that.

Open the Omen Command Center and see if you have the option for Comfort Mode (located in Performance Control). That will help a little with power usage and fan noise.  I would turn off any unnecessary programs running in the background at startup also from the Task Manager and dim the screen (battery only).

HP only recommends on playing games while plugged in. You will bring your battery to its end of life much sooner as you put more recycles on it. Personally I never use the battery unless I have to travel and have no choice. Otherwise, its a gaming machine that HP did not design for battery efficiency.

If you are not satisfied, you can always take it up with HP Warranty service directly.

HP Recommended

Hi,

One more thing I'd like to say here. Even machine is totally off (I always use C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe /s /t 00 to shutdown) its battery can drain 8% over night.

I always use AC on my machines - all of them. Last week, with 100% full, I shutdown, disconnected my Omen 15-dc0071tx, put it in a bag before went to bed. Next morning I went to my Photoshop class and battery only had 92%.

Back home, I ran full test and updated everything. I don't bother to check it now, waiting for my next Photoshop session to see after all my works (tests, updates).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I also have a HP 25-dc0075tx, and it seems to have a fast discharge when powered off.

From full charge, I shutdown and left it for 2-days, plugged it back in and the battery was at 53% charge.

In comparison, I also have an HP8750 and can leave it for 2-weeks with NO discharge from the battery.

What's going on - there must be something draining the battery?

-HM

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.