Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15 (2017, GTX 1060 Max-Q)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
HP Omen 15 (2017, GTX 1060 Max-Q)
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ.
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Max-Q (6GB GDDR5)
  • Display: 15.6”, Full HD (1920 x 1080), IPS + G-Sync.
  • Storage: 512GB SSD.
  • RAM: 16GB DDR4, 2400 MHz.
  • Weight: 2.57 kg (5.7 lbs)

These are the details for my gaming laptop. I've never had issues with this laptop when i purchased it a year ago but suddenly, whenever I try to play the game fortnite on the lowest settings possible with 120 FPS,  my screen blurs up with blue square pixels and the pc crashes. I've updated my  graphics card driver  but it still crashes and I don't know what to do. Please help me

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Hussxm

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

• Was there any software or hardware changes on the PC?
  • When was it working fine?
  • Does the PC heat up before crashing?

Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:

Download and install the latest BIOS from the  HP Support site.

Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

If the issue persists, perform a system restore to a date when it was working fine.

Refer to this document to know how.

Alternatively, you may create a new user account to check if the issue persists in the new account.

Let us run a test on the hardware components of the PC

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  3. Perform System Test > Extensive test. Share the result on your next post.

To improve the performance or FPS, kindly refer to this document.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes my pc was fine up until early march 2020

ive done the bios system checkup and my video memory card seems to be full.

my pc does overheat before it crashes.

if theres any more information you need please give immediately because this issue is very frustrating to cope with.

HP Recommended

@Hussxm

As the hardware test passed, the PC might be crashing because of overheating. Kindly perform the steps mentioned in this document to reduce heating issues.

Let me know how this goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes Sorry I have been inactive. I've been doing some research and monitoring my computer and it seems that when my computer is connected to power (charging) its clock speed increases to about 3.3-3.6GHz  even when idle and not playing games. However when on simply batter it's clock speed is maxed at 0.8GHz. Now my computer's base clock cpu speed is said to be 2.8GHz and I have not installed any software or intentionally tried to overclock my cpu. I feel as this is the issue to why my pc keeps crashing, as my graphics and other drivers have been updated. It would be helpful to see if there is a way to 'under'clock my cpu to see if this helps resolve the issue; and here are my specific specs:

Operating system
Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Microprocessor
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz

System memory
16 GB

Memory slot 1
8GB Kingston 2667MHz
Memory slot 2
8GB Kingston 2667MHz

System BIOS
F.20

Video
Graphic device 1
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with Max-Q Design
HP Recommended

Actually I think the issue is with the grpahics card 1060 GTX with MAX Q DESIGN the pixelated error and message i get always has do to with my video card. RIght now im not really sure what the issue is but I think it has to do with it as windows somestimes disables it on dev manager for having issues. I've updated it to the latest drivers and even rolled back to the factory set driver but nothing seemed to work. Im really frustrated with this issue and would like to see if this a hardware or software issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.