Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have hp omen 15 with 5800h and 3060 100W.

The fan curvature and manual fan works fine for the 5800h.

But for the GPU I see this strange behaviour:

1.If the gpu reaches above 70 degrees celcious the fan will spin up to at least 4200 rpm (or so) no matter what the settings. This does not happen with the cpu.

2.If the I set the fan to a static rpm around  3800 or lower, either via manual or fan curvature, after a few minutes the gpu tgp drops to 30W fixed no matter the temps. If I change again the fan rpm even slightly, either lower or higher and I keep it static, the gpu tgp goes back up for a few minutes and then to 30w again no matter the temps.

Long story short, if the fan is fixed to a lower than X rpm for a specific amount of time, no matter the temps, the hp omen software drops the tgp to 30w until the rpm is changed.  This does not happen with the cpu.

How can i address either issues? I have bios F13.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @Epagos 

Please tell me the full product name and product number (p/n) of your notebook. You will find this information on the back of your notebook printed in small letters.

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Product name:

Omen laptop 15-en1xxx

Product model:

15-en16nv

Product number:

43B74EA#AB7

Here is a photo where the GPU dropped to 30W when playing a game on manual fan.

Notice that gpu boost never kicks in. Before dropping, the watts are constantly on 80W.

1 (2).PNG

Here is a photo where the GPU went back to 80W when I lowered the fan by 100rpm.

After a very few minutes it would drop back to 30W until I changed the rpm again etc.

2 (1).PNG

I dont think HP should be allowed to drop the tgp lower than the specified rating when thermal limits are not met. This card is rated for 80W to 100W. 

HP Recommended

Hello @Epagos 

(1) Update BIOS

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (AMD Processors)

F.13 Rev.A12.8 MBApr 6, 2022Download

(2) Install video (again)

NVIDIA Graphics Driver

27.21.14.6253 Rev.C829.9 MBMay 21, 2021Download

(3) High/ Max performance configured everywhere.

(4) Game Mode is on.

(5) AC adapter is always connected while gaming.

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

I did as instructed. It's either an issue with the bios or the hp omen gaming hub.

New Bitmap Image.jpg

HP Recommended

Hello @Epagos 

Could be a technical issue mainboard <=> GPU.

I would recommend contacting a HP technician.

https://support.hp.com/

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.