Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15 dc1052nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have looked through many other community discussions that have a similar question, and have found some solutions with no avail.

First, let me run through the situation: My laptop was running fine, albeit with the fan running near full speed, which I am accustomed to with this laptop. All of a sudden, the screen goes black, and the computer completely turns off(the forced shut off chirp sounded). I gave it a couple minutes as it was running hot, and then pressed the power button to turn it back on. Nothing. I looked at the power port, and the light was not illuminated while plugged in.

And here begins my troubleshooting process: I looked up some helpful YouTube videos, and followed along, unplugging the power cord, opening up the back of the laptop, taking out the battery, and then holding down the power button for 60 seconds. The video then said to plug everything back together and see if it turn on. I followed the directions, and nothing happened. There were two more processes, one with having just the battery, and the other with just the power cord, both bringing up no solutions. I looked at another post where he did have a light, seeing the same process which did not work either.

If there is something else I could do to fix this issue, please let me know. Any help is greatly appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @Bri92 

So in other words, your laptop is now an expensive paper weight, correct?

Are you certain it shut down due to overheating or perhaps Windows updated and tried to reboot?

Ive see where a forced bios update will brick a system also, but usually you will at least see the charging light display.

Its possible the motherboard is bricked or something in the power board has went south also.

Then, by chance are you still under warranty? Contact HP if so...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact/laptops

If you are out of warranty and the link above is no help, let me know.

HP Recommended

@Bri92  Just an idea. "Sometimes" this works, sometimes not.

There is a shortcut for recovering the bios. Hold the Windows key and B key together and then press the power button for approx 3 or more seconds.

Here is the link explaining... https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833

HP Recommended

I am afraid that it might be no more than a paper weight. I plan on calling HP support later today to see what options I have. Unfortunately I am just out of warranty but am still able to contact them. I had a previous power related issue which was taken care of under warranty. Maybe these could be related, I don’t know.

I tried the BIOS reset, but still nothing happened.

Thank you @Photoray002 for your help. 

HP Recommended

Update: I have contacted HP Support, and I am going to ship it off to them for diagnostics and repairs. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.