Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15T
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello HP Community,

I noticed my HP Omen was bulging pretty badly on the bottom and opened it up to be surprised by this Frankensteins battery!  The laptop is not under warranty, however I believe this is a mfg defect...I have laptops from 2003 with batteries that have not bulged...in fact I still have about a dozen laptops from the past 25 years. None of them have bulged like this. 

Is there a recall or a method I can contact HP support to get this replaced? This is an extreme hazard both fires and personal injury. I'm glad I caught it now before I lose my brows or even worse....

5E0F3EF5-150A-489E-BA06-BE401AB4FAD6.jpeg

C226F1F6-F884-4A29-A41B-DA6023CD86A0.jpeg

03F187C1-864F-4DCD-B378-0927BAF5CE79.jpeg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@GM111

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I understand that HP Omen 15T laptop Battery Bulged in order to fix this issue,  your computer needs to be serviced.  As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. 

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

If you are having trouble navigating via the contact HP options, generally it is because either your product is Out of Warranty or you are trying to get support beyond the business hours and our business hours falls between 8 am to 6 pm EST. We also have an option to contact us via Facebook and Twitter in wake of exigency.

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.