Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 15-1092tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Guys,

I got this laptop on August 2019 and it is great! 

The issue started two months into the purchase. I had turned it off with 75% battery and when I opened it after 3 weeks later, the battery had depleted to 35%. Since that day onwards, the battery drains around 2.5% every day even when it is turned off.

I have tried the following things till now:

1. Disabled fast startup

2. Disabled Sleep when closing to sleep or hitting power button.

3. Disabled Connected Standby

4. Updating BIOS and all other system software

On 15th July, I discovered that the Sleep and Charge USB port was still powering devices when turned off.

When I checked this in BIOS settings, it mentioned that the setting would enable the USB devices to be charged even in hibernate or shutdown state. I disabled this feature and thought this would finally solve this battery depletion issue. To my dismay, when I turned on the system today, I found that the battery had depleted again.

I am all out of ideas now.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @ShantanuGhose47 

Ya that's been a topic of concern before. There wont be anything I can offer above what you have done already except to turn off Hibernation fully, not just fast startup.

Open a command prompt as administrator and use the following command...

powercfg –h off

If you ever need to turn it back on...

powercfg –h on.

Also you can try shutting down with a Mechanical Off state (G3).

To do this, hold down Shift when clicking Shutdown from the Start menu.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.