Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

I just purchased a HP Omen 16.1 from bestbuy three days ago, the touchpad keeps becoming unresponsive or erratic, and enabling and disabling the touchpad via fn+F11 fixes it temporarily, but it keeps coming back. It seems like this is a known issue, and I need advice on what I should do. Do I try to replace it with another unit, or get a different laptop entirely, or what? I've tried updating the drivers, tried just using the HID Compliant touchpad drivers, to no avail. 

Whenever I put my left hand on the wrest on the laptop to type or use the touchpad if you put the full weight of your arm down on it it will actually actuate the touchpad clicking. 

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

yes even i am facing the same issue

HP Recommended

@sk24

Welcome to the HP Support Community! I'd like to help!

I see you are experiencing Touchpad issues with the HP Omen Laptop and touchpad is unresponsive or erratic.

I have a few recommendations 

• Update your Notebook computer to the latest BIOS from HP.COM.
  • Make sure the Windows and HP support assistant updates are up to date. 

If issue still persist then test the touchpad using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI.

1. Start or restart the computer.
  2. Press F2 repeatedly during start up to enter the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI utility.
  3. Select Component Tests > Touchpad
  4. Click Run Once.

Once the test completes, results are displayed on the screen.

If the test passes, continue to restore a computer back to the factory default using Reset PC inside windows, which will isolate whether it’s a software or hardware issue. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Yes i have the same Issue. FN+F11 works too but not for long. Try to Disable USB Powersaving in the Windows Energy Options.

When mine was acting weird i disabled the USB Powersaving and it stopped actind weird if i was hitting apply.

But my Toutchpad is still getting thes issues if i warm it up From the outside it starts Acting weird again till it stops completely working and it works again if it cools down 

HP Recommended

@ToxicScorpion

Welcome to the HP Support Community! I'd like to help!

I see you are still experiencing Touchpad issues with the HP Omen Laptop touchpad is unresponsive or erratic. It could be a hardware issue with the Touchpad on the Laptop

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. I would request you to contact our HP Support Engineers and should be able to sort this out. Hence I encourage you to contact HP support for all warranty service options.

Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service/replacement options.

Follow the instructions below to reach them:  

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp 

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.  

4) Select the country from the drop-down.  

5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences.  

6) Fill the web form and proceed further.  

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

For any hardware issue or repair please click on the link Phone Assist Worldwide

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

@Sk24_ @Teja787

Try to make your Toutchpad Warm. With the Laptop itself (Gaming whatever) or with a Hairdryer if it starts acting weird send it back

HP Recommended

Hi@ToxicScorpion

Thank you for responding, I appreciate your time and effort.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I sended my laptop back to my dealer today. I hope i get it back quickly without any issues. I dont know if the warmup thing also happens when it is in the bios or the hp hardware test.

I deleted my private stuff and made a local windows profile and deleted mine. So all the drivers ect ar still on there.

I bought it in the outlet of my dealer so it was activated on 12.Dec2021 i bought it on 30.Dec2021 got it on 3.Jan2022.

Maybe it was send back bevore because the touchpad and my dealer checked it and found no problem and then put it into the outlet. I was asking my dealer via email if they can comprehend why the laptop landed in the outlet and that i have touchpad issues since i got it and tryed many things and they instantly send me a return label.

So hoping for the best

HP Recommended

Hi@ToxicScorpion

Thank you for posting back.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. However do not worry it will be resolved in the repair.

Feel free to contact us in future if you need any assistance.

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi, 

HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshoot the touchpad

ELAN Precision Touchpad Filter Driver

22.2.25.3 Rev.A 2.2 MB May 21, 2021 Download

JessikaV
HP Support Community Administrator

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.