Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-c0000 (343L4AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

My HP Omen 16.1 gaming laptop's web cam area is overheating since booting up. Webcam is not recognized by the camera app of windows as well. Device manager also doesn't show camera driver. Scaning for hardware changes on device manager also made no difference.

What could be the problem here?

Note: Laptop's motherboard was replaced few weeks back.

Thank you,

Regards

Shamalka

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @Shamalka 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... and I would like to help you.

(1) Update BIOS

HP Consumer Notebook PC BIOS Update

F.16 Rev.A13.0 MBMay 18, 2022Download

Why should you install the update ?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_4123786-2338478-16

Quote: "

Updating the BIOS is recommended as standard maintenance of the computer. It can also help resolve the following issues:

• An available BIOS update resolves a specific issue or improves computer performance.
  • The current BIOS does not support a hardware component or a Windows upgrade.
  • HP Support recommends installing a specific BIOS update.

"

(2Reboot

(3) HP PCs - Troubleshoot the webcam (Windows 10)

Take your time and read the following detailed instruction and follow it to solve the problem.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_3960099-3335046-16

(4) Please report your results

HP Recommended

Hello @Ub6424

Thank you for the reply,

Last time I tried updating he BIOS, laptop turned off itself in the middle of the update and didn't turned back on. That's how I ended up having to replace the motherboard. Technician in the repair centre adviced me not to update BIOS.

Regards

Shamalka

HP Recommended

A Bios update must always work, it is prescribed by HP and is also installed by the HP Support Assistant.

( It would be the same if a car manufacturer would be afraid to update the engine control unit, because after that the engine won't start anymore... )

You can skip it for now.

Did you follow (3) ?

HP Recommended

I have tried followings,

• When opened the camera app, it says 0xa00f4244 nocamerasareattached
  • Camera driver (Both camera / imaging devices) does not appear on device manager.
  • Tried scan for hardware changes, made no difference.
  • Searched for drivers in hp driver download page, but it doesn't give any webcam related drivers for my device.
HP Recommended

It's because of motherboard 

HP Recommended

Hello @Shamalka

Recommendation and solution

You should have the webcam error checked by the HP service center, again. The webcam must be correctly connected and working. Physically not connected ( or defective ) devices cannot be installed by a driver update.

Please report your results

HP Recommended

What do you mean?

HP Recommended

Contact HP Support > Service required

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.