Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 17 CB1075ng

Hey,

got my new HP Omen and im really happy with it.

On the other Hand there has to be something messed up with the Sound. 

Even cheap 300 Euro Laptops have louder and better sound than the Omen.

When my girlfriend is watching TV i cant hear anything on Volume 100. Even in normal Lets Play Videos you cant hear the Youtuber talk. Its an absolute Dealbreaker for me.

Such an good Gaming Laptop with miserable sound. Is there any way to fix this Problem?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@DT7701 

Please perform a clean install Audio software/driver, this should help.

(a) Download the following driver and save on your computer,
                    https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp107001-107500/sp107248.exe

(b) Go to Device Manager, Sound to uninstall sound driver (Realtek) and reboot,
   (c) Right click downloaded file and select Run as administrator,
   (d) Reboot again.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi and thank you for answering me.

I deinstalled the Driver inside the Device Manager (Realtek Audio Driver) under Audio, Video & Gamecontroller.

When i select the downloaded file and run it as administrator - an cmd box opens and tells me to wait for 5 seconds. I should press a button but when i do it - it just restarts and nothing happens.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.