Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone!

Please, help anybody! Little bit tired about problem which I'll try to explain below (sorry for my english, it is foreign langauge for me).

Also wanna say that I've searched for solutions on the internet, but I didn't find any. So here you are my last hope)) next step is to bring my OMEN to the service center... don't want to do that, because the warranty has expired month ago...

So...

I've bought an Omen 17 laptop 2019 with 512 nVMe onboard. This wasn't enough for my tasks so I decided to increase storage by installing extra 1tb 2,5 HDD from my previuos laptop. Without OS, of course.

It worked great in the beginning. But after some time, on the run up it strated to show grey BIOS screen with 03f1 Hard disk error message with an offer to run HP diagnostics of the HDD. Diagnostics passed everytime without errors but, of course, didn't help  Neither short nor fast. And in this condition notebook can't be run until I !WARNING! OPEN IT AND UNPLUG AND PLUG AGAIN HDD CONNECTOR (found this solution on one of the forums😓).

I thought that the problem was caused by the HDD, so I changed it to Western Digital 1TB SSD. Problem is still here.

I can evade an error by tapping F9 key on the run up, choose boot device manually (only one - the main nvme drive), and in this case widows starts normally, but my f*** 2nd drive may not exist in system....OR MAY EXIST (usually not)! I even don't understand what it depends on 😭😭😭

BIOS is updated for the last version.

2,5 SSD is totally new

On the internet I've founded the same problems with other HP laptops (like Pavilion etc) but they weren't solved.

Help, please... 😊

P.S. I can make a video of the problem and the whole process if needed.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @BlackSeam,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer. 

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.