Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there, so I'm having the same issue as these  posts here (1, 2, 3, 4, 5 - With more links inside). Seems to have become a common issue with the HP Omen 17 having some fault with the battery expanding and almost bursting through the case. 

Like the others my warranty has also ran out on the machine, thankfully not before I got two or three other faults repaired swiftly through the warranty thanks to the awesome folks at HP. However now with the new support page I don't seem to have any options for contacting HP support for this machine other than through here or the virtual assistant so just looking for help on this and a replacement battery for the faulty one as the other customers had received 🙂

For safety I've removed the battery (as seen in the picture) and I'm now running from mains power.

Many thanks for any and all help 🙂

EDIT: Reuploading the photos, for some reason they didn't upload correctly

20210121_151401.jpg

20210121_151442.jpg

20210121_151512.jpg

20210121_153837.jpg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Vahliya,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer. 

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.