Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

HP, are you going to address this issue or not? To purchase a laptop, a rather expensive one at that depending on specs, and to have these ongoing issues is ridiculous. It's not a hardware issue as turning the touchpad off and back on using F11 fixes the issue, albeit temporarily, but it's not a permanent fix. 

This needs to be escalated up to your engineering team so this can get resolved. I don't see why this is so hard to fix... We're going on months with no help other than the typical 1st level support BS of updating your drivers, try this and if all else fails, restore windows.  Well, none of that works so it's time you guys did what you're paid for, what we paid $1500+ for, something that works and works correctly!

HP Recommended

i am sending my laptop in to be repaired .  Here's Hoping.  I will update my progress.

HP Recommended

I ended up returning mine and getting other laptop. I liked the Omen but after spending a few weeks trying to get the touch pad issue resolved I gave up. 

HP Recommended

Can you pls share how youn resolved the issue

HP Recommended

If HP is successful in fixing the problem i will share as much as they tell me.   I should be sending it off Tuesday or Wednesday depending on when i get the box to ship it in.

HP Recommended

How were you able to return it. I received my laptop in December and this issue is very annoying. Not to mention HP customer support is THE WORST. I really wish I didn’t buy from HP. 

HP Recommended

I'm having the exact same issue on my HP Omen 17 Laptop. Have tried all the possible fixes as mentioned in this thread and the issue still persists. It's definitely a software issue. Can HP please address this well-known bug and send out a fix?

HP Recommended

I have HP Omen 16 and the same problem with touchpad exist. It's start to be funny, HP can't repair the drivers from long time. Lots of post on hp site, reddit and more... with this issue.
I do not recommend to buy omen series until fix.

HP Recommended

Karonaway, were you able to get your laptop sent in?  Did they fix it? Just curious if you're still having the issue after you got it back.  Thx

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. Bought my Omen 16 about 2 weeks ago and couples days ago touchpad has become laggy. FN+F11 helps. Anybody find solution?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.