Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I just got my laptop yesterday and noticed it has some slight screen bleed and would like to know if this is normal.  Upper left. 

Im coming from MacBook Pro so im not sure if this is something to worry about and if it will get worst.  This is my work computer as well, so I do not want to ship off if I don't have to.

Thanks 20190307_114805.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @Shiftgreen 

Backlight bleed can happen and its dependent on the individual screen panel. There is really no way to correct it other than replacing that panel when dealing with a laptop.Some or most are going to do it to some degree.

If its something that is bad enough it that bothers you, all you can do is either contact HP Support for a warranty claim, or take the laptop back to the store you purchased from and exchange it.

Here is the link for Support if needed... Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site 

HP Recommended

Had same problem and just sent it back.

I'm waiting to get home now to try the replacement (away training),  but from the number of people that are reporting problems I don't hold out too much hope.

Bought new 17" omen 2060.

Will update when I've checked the new one..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.