Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi,

I'm having trouble with my laptop running hot and throttling. The idle temperature of the CPU seems to hang around 80-90 degrees - I've attached a Command Centre screenshot after leaving it for half hour with nothing running to see how it did.

Minun123_0-1656086512560.png

Additionally, when I crank the fan up to 'Max' in the CC, the fan seems to spin up for a few seconds and then slow down again. With the CPU so hot, shouldn't the fans be staying high?

This is becoming a real issue. This laptop should be able to handle reasonable gaming, and yet I get <5fps even on Oldschool Runescape lol.

For reference, I've tried updating drivers and BIOS, reinstalling Omen software, cleaning the vents and fans with canned air.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @Minun123 

In your case: Service is required !
- The computer should be disassembled and checked.
- Thermal paste for CPU GPU and bridges should be renewed
- The function of the fan(s) must be checked
- General cleaning ...

If you can't do that, you should have it serviced by a professional notebook (chip level) repair store.

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much

⌨️

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.