Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop 17-cb0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So directly after the latest Windows 10 update my new Omen had a slightly dimmer screen than usual and the FN keys affecting brightness did not seem to work. Later I tried to play a game only for it to display the message: "DX11 feature 10.0 is required to run the engine" after googling this, seeing it was most likely a graphics driver issue, and eventually finding the hidden display adapter tab, I noticed it said something about it not working because the device was not...present? or something? I can only be vague because after updating the driver (to no avail) I uninstalled it with the intention of reinstalling it. NVIDIA did not comply, claiming I did not have an NVIDIA gpu. Hence I am thinking that the graphics card is not being detected. So I have tried to system restore to before the update but that failed for some reason and the restore points are gone now? I also attempted to uninstall the update, which did not seem to work but maybe I just did it wrong. Soooo Yeah sorry if I'm doing something wrong, I'm inexperienced and desperate. Pls halp (also I'm not entirely certain which exact model of graphics card it was right now but I should be able to get that if you think it's important)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Alright so after taking it to a Techspert at the Noel Leeming store that provided the laptop in the first place it seems the provided solution was to back up my files somewhere and hard reset. This has however worked so far. Good luck to any with the same problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Not certain if relevant but have also found a device: (Intel(R) PCIe Controller (x16) - 1901) that was displaying the status:  

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

Driver update determined it was up to date.

HP Recommended

Alright so after taking it to a Techspert at the Noel Leeming store that provided the laptop in the first place it seems the provided solution was to back up my files somewhere and hard reset. This has however worked so far. Good luck to any with the same problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.