Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear Community,

I am fairly new when it comes to notebook gaming but I had to switch from desktop PC to a mobile machine which capable of doing some work on the field and do some light gaming as well. 

But obviously when it comes to gaming I want the max performance I can achieve from my new machine. 

I purchased a HP Omen 17" - i5 9300H / 8GB / GTX 1660 Ti - gaming notebook a week ago. It runs fine I can achieve 100FPS in Cod Modern warfare on low settings which is pretty fine by me especially I got the 144hz model so it runs pretty fine. 

But I have heard that there is a way to undervolt the computer so I can achieve better performance and I can lower the heat levels. I HAVE NEVER done anything quite like this before but if I can help the PC to not to struggle then I would like to perform such acts. 

Can anyone help me in this? Do I even need undervolt? Or how to do this? There are several guides on the web but for different CPUs and GPUs I don't want to ruin my PC without the proper way of doing the undervolting.

I hope you understand and thank you for your help in advance,

Regards,

David

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

i request u not to try this 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.