Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 17-an016ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Greetings fellow HP Gaming notebook users! 

I have a strange issue with my HP Omen 17-an016ng (7700HQ with discrete GTX1070 8GB non max-q,no Optimus): in the nVidia control panel there is no G-Sync option to select while the included notebook panel called Chi Mei N173HHE-G32-1 according to this page ( http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/chi-mei-n173hhe-g32-issue-with-g-sync-confirmed-it-does-supp... ) have to be supporting this function.  Just bought this notebook 2 months ago so no more warranty or support as far as I know.

Is there any chance to get this working right or I have to forget it forever? 🙂 Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@azaki101 

The specs of your machine is

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05565693

The link from you has nothing to do with the specs of your machine. Not all vendors implement their hardware the same way.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply,and Im here to clarify Im aware about the spec's of my machine,know that page,read the manual several times but the fact is lots of webshops still advertising this model as a G-sync compatible machine is so confusing. The link I provided is only a proof about the panel what's inside my notebook as well is capable/compatible with G-sync and that's why I don't understand WHY I can't select it under the NV control panel. I can understand not every manufacturer implements hardware in the same way,but it doesn't make any sense at all from HP to deny this feature in a model like this. I've called the Hungarian HP support via phone and they can't give me any correct answer why this feature unavailable...it's just "strange" they said. ^^)

omen 17.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.