Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 17-cb1003na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

Yesterday i purchased my brand new omen 17-cb1003na laptop yesterday. 

Core i7-10750h

16gb ram

Rtx 2080 super 

First of all love the laptop! Great piece of kit and very quick. 

I do have some potential issues though and there is too much conflicting information about CPU Temps!!!

I ran a game warzone on mid to high settings and the game ran well with great fps, I opened MSI afterburner I noticed my cpu was running in the region of 85-95 Celsius after 10 mins of playing. I opened the command centre and put max fan on and this brought the temps down to 80-85. I turned auto fan back on and CPU Temps back to 85-94 ish

Are these conditions correct?! 

Thanks 

Ollie

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@OllieM

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

• Shut down the computer, and then inspect and clean the exterior vents to remove dust buildup by blowing air through the vent openings. Dust can accumulate inside the vent openings and around internal cooling components, preventing the removal of heat.

For more information on reducing heat inside your computer, see Reducing Heat Inside the PC.

• After you remove the dust, turn on the computer. If the error message persists, continue with these steps.
  • Perform a hard reset. Performing a hard reset can reset recorded thermal values in memory and enable you to use the computer again, even if only for a short time to access and save any important files before service.

For more information on performing a hard reset, see Use Hard Reset to Resolve Hardware and Software Issues.

• In some cases, updating the BIOS might help prevent this error from occurring. For more information on how to update the BIOS, see Updating the BIOS.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

I had already followed your guidelines and this laptop was brand new so as expected absolutely no dust what so ever. All bios etc up to date.

I have however removed the plastic mat from my table and have the laptop on a stand so it gets good air flow. Under load (gaming with high graphics) the laptop reaches temps of 75-82°C which is a great improvement to the 90°+ I was seeing before!

Can you please tell me if 75-85°C is an acceptable temperature range under heavy load? Please do not suggest a fix for this via cleaning the laptop etc as everyone says the hp omen with i7 10th gen CPUs run at this range. Is it correct or not?

HP Recommended

@OllieM

Thank you for posting back. 

To get the answer to this question, the safe temperature range to use a laptop is in temperatures between 50 to 95 degrees F or 10 to 35 degrees C. If the graphics card temperature in your laptop gets too hot, it will normally reduce its power usage on its own until the temperature goes down.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

So what you are telling me here is that my brand new HP Omen 17 gaming laptop immediately from the manufacturer (being HP) is outside of the safe working temperatures? 

EVERYONE says the laptop runs 70°C + whilst gaming. As I have mentioned in my previous comment mine with some games can reach 80°C which is actually acceptable according to Intel's i7 safe temperature range. But your saying otherwise..

Does this mean you I should be asking you for a new product? You have confused me with your last comment about temperature ranges, most laptops CPU temperature ranges idle at more then 30°c 😂

HP Recommended

@OllieM

Thank you for posting back.

In simple way to say this when ever you play a game the CPU will demand for more power as graphic card in high use, therefore system temperature will increase this can happen even while using computer for a period of time or play videos. CPU in demand. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.