Did you mean: 
TonyR10
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Omen 17 w033dx frame drops

HP Recommended
HP Omen 17 w033dx
I have the HP Omen 17 w033dx and I cannot game at all. I try to play a game and it lasts for about 5 minutes before my laptop gets really hot and my frames start to drop to 20-30 frames. I can fix this by unplugging my charger off my laptop and then replugging it but it will start to lag again in about a minute. Overheating may be the issue, I'm not sure but how would I prevent this and would a cooling pad actually work? Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
12,656 12,436 1,305 4,259
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello TonyR10

Its hard to say whats causing the sudden overheat. I'll try to help as best I can.

What are your temps when this happens?

HWinfo is a good tool to monitor temps while gaming.

Also

• What game is this happening with and is there more than one?
  • How long have you had the PC?
  • Have you attempted to clean the vents to keep airflow going, if so what did you do?
  • Are the Graphics Drivers up to date? What is currently installed?

The graphics drivers should be these...

Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver

21.20.16.4534 Rev.D

Intel Inter-Integrated Circuit (I2C) Driver

30.100.1633.3 Rev.D

NVIDIA Graphics Driver

21.21.13.7674 Rev.D

0 Kudos
am1re
Level 3
34 24 0 10
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You need to get 150w ac adapter instead of 120w. Write to HP and they will replace it for you.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation